Nine of the most awesome products, vendors, or other items I found or was introduced to in 2009:
- Sephora; If I had an any credit available, I’d be in trouble because I could easily spend thousands at Sephora.com. Amazing products, great company. As it is, I spend too much there – in the TIME department. It’s like wandering through an open market for hours; sometimes you just get lost in the beauty of it, right?
- Green Valley Spa Good Medicine Skin Care Line; I was gifted a package of some of these amazing products when I was a winner in a an international case study writing competition at The Hot Mommas Project. The producs are all natural, and refreshingly simple – and surprisingly effective! No were on the packaging does this line make claims of “anti-aging” nor “anti-blemish”, but this amazing line did both better than Biore’s new line, by a long shot. If someone offered me a car or a lifetime supply of all the Good Medicine products, I’d take the products. (Man, the kids would probably never speak to me again. Oh well!)
- Organic Apoteke; I got to sample some of their Rejuvenating Eye Cream and, oh my God, it worked! Lovely packaging, green conscious company, and an organic product that really did what it said it would. The warming effect was a little intense at first, but it toned down after a few days. I’ve had tons of people recommend Clinique products to me, so I purchased one of their eye products recently. There’s no comparison to be made. Organic Apoteke Rejuvenating Eye Cream is hands down the most effective eye product I have ever used. I look forward to getting back to the product, and look forward to trying out more of their line. (Stay tuned for a more full review, and a give away. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter in the box to the right so you know when my giveaways are happening!).)
- Kool ‘n Fit; This stuff is amazing! It really, really, really works. Well. I wish I could buy the gallon size of it, because I would use it more often. At any rate, whatever size you buy, it’ll be worth every penny.
- Runner’s World Magazine; I just started reading this mag, case I’m preparing for my first ever race. (Half marathon, April 3. Working towards a full in April or May of 2011 as a birthday present for my 40th birthday; great health and amazing fitness! What more could I want?) Already, I’ve learned some amazing and useful things (like that chocolate milk is the best post-run recovery drink…mmmm. So, hot cocoa or a chocolate shake after every run. Who knew running was so much fun???), and read some inspiring stories and some very funny ones. Even the funny ones are helpful in adjusting to such a major commitment – a race of any length. Especially so, I imagine, for a newbie like me. If you’re new to running, I highly recommend this magazine. And, at a buck a copy, a subscription just makes sense.
- My big, huge, powerful MacBook Pro, 17 inch. Oh, I love this baby.
- Listerine Whitening Vibrant White Pre-Brush Mouth Wash; it just works. And its easy. And it’s way cheaper than other whitening products. 7.5 Hoop earrings. I had my lobes stretched for years and only wore plugs. My lobes have healed back to a small enough size, and I love wearing hoops. LOVE wearing hoops. I’m going to buy, like 20 pairs before hey go out of vogue again, because I want to wear them forever. And my 10 .y.o. got me my coolest pair for xmas. (Why a 7.5 grouped with Listerine? Pure and simple vanity. Seemed like the best place for a .5 that was vanity related, so I could keep my list to nine. I know, kinda a cheap trick but a girls’ gotta do what a girl’s gotta do.
- House plants; okay, it wasn’t in 2009 that I met them, but I am totally in love with my plants like crazy now, and they’re multiplying. I’ve rooted cuttings to great effect, and now have many baby Madagascar Dragons, Jade Plants, and a variety of vines.
- Wedding veils. I never thought I’d even want to wear one, but I wanted to and I did. It felt right, and when my Mr. lifted my veil, it was a revelation. Just like a moment like that is meant to be.
lift the veil
you will find
what you are